The following were notes I took while I read and assessed the students note cards. This was after the initial research phase but before they began writing their papers.
- Research is looking decent, but sometimes it is too basic to support a strong thesis.
- Next time, I should require the citation on the source cards, most kids did it without being directed to.
- Next time I would like to switch to a PP note method (Chris K.) but how to prevent copying/pasting/plagairism?!?!?
- It would have been helpful while reading note cards to have their proposal (duh).
- Should we have written the thesis statement before the research (hindsight = yes = duh!).